The what is a selfie photo question used to be a question only being asked by a people who were not acutely tuned into the on-line world of celebrities, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat.
Now the selfie photo question has become who doesn't take selfie photos?
Whether this is good or bad thing is a topic for another day.
For now, it's suffice to say selfies are here to stay, at least for a while.
Here are a couple of selfie definitions to consider and have a little fun with:
1. A photograph taken of yourself used to brag about where you've been, whether it's the beach, the Grand Canyon, or at the MLB World Series.
2. A picture taken by you with your favorite celebrity, or perhaps a bunch of celebrities. It's your chance to brag about who you've spent time with.
As it turns out celebrities and bloggers have been taking selfie portraits for quite some time. Perhaps that's why they have so become mainstream with an increasingly larger segment of the general population.
3. A creative self portrait that doesn't reveal your identity
We could label this type of portrait as the "Shy Selfie. This is a way to explore your creative self through photography without broadcasting your secret identity to internet surfers.
4. The definition of selfie as described by urbandictionary.com: An act carried out by girls aged 12-21, usually taken of oneself by posing. If the act is carried out by a man, he is usually seen as gay. (I can't even comment on the absurdity of this one.)
5. The typical definition of selfie: a photograph that one has taken of oneself, typically one taken with a smartphone or webcam and shared via social media.
Selfie or Self Portrait - There really is a big difference between the two, or is there anymore?
Camera Extenders - Help in choosing the right selfie accessory for your needs
The newest category of selfie: What is a solo selfie.
I just bought a selfie Bluetooth monopod for my Galaxy S3
Creative Selfie Ideas A FaceBook page dedicated to creative selfie ideas
I hope you enjoyed this light-hearted look at what is a selfie portrait. Please share it with a friend uisng one of the buttons on the right or the Google+ link at the top on the left.
My own personal selfie practice: it's usually only for the sake of sharing a photography related tip or relevant information for the readers of the Better Digital Photography Tips web site.
I must confess it to be a bit of fun to take pictures of my wife and I and certain venues and share them in a limited way to social media. Uh oh, am I getting dragged into the narcissistic culture?